Business Development Associate
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Markit Digital, an IHS Markit company, is hiring a sales specialist for our business development team. This is a unique and exciting position located in our Boulder, CO office. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment with high profile companies in the finance industry. We are a small, tight-knit, high-energy group responsible for acquisition of new business and accounts, existing client support, and strategic opportunity development. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
As a member of our Business Development team you will play a critical role in expanding and retaining our existing client base. You will work cross-functionally with your agile feature team counterparts to understand current status of initiatives, as well as your peers in technology, finance and sales to create and execute account growth and retention strategies.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
The perfect candidate will thrive in a team environment, is self-motivated, and demonstrates an understanding of the financial services industry and the vendor/client relationship. This position will have a direct ability to drive revenue and should be able to assess an account’s growth potential as well as spot buying signals.
- Drive all aspects of business development including lead generation, relationship building, pipeline management, proposal development, high level solutions design, and pricing
- Frequently meets with clients in-person and via presentations, matching Markit Digital solutions to current and future strategic customer challenges
- Ensure that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors including a strong understanding of client need
- Relationship development and cultivation with key customers and prospects
- Assist in the management of the entire sales lifecycle of a deal including liaising with senior sales people and client support to provide ongoing support and training to existing clients
- Assist in customer retention, ensuring customer satisfaction leading up to contract renewals
- Prepare commercial proposals and contracts
- Negotiate scope, commercial and legal terms in contracts with support
- Maintain account and contract overviews
Desired qualifications include:
- Expertise in analyzing clients’ needs and requirements, preferably having consultative sales experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to senior stakeholders preferable
- Familiarity with contract and invoicing processes, from the client perspective
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two to five years equivalent experience, preferably with a FinTech, technology or data environment
- Experience in an account management, project management or sales role preferred
- Expertise in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
Where we're going
We rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the positive impacts we are making will be felt for generations to come.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.