BSA Manager, Sales Operations & Engineering at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Manages a team of Business System Analysts, is accountable for the performance and results of his/her team. Plans and assigns work to various team members. Reports status of projects or issues. Follows all applicable company policies. Responsible for hiring and developing his/her team, manages business stakeholder relationships.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive input to stakeholders to support decision making
- Proactively communicates issues and risks and escalate conflicts, proposing options for resolution
- Able to drive effective conflict resolution between stakeholders
- Manages all stakeholder communications with respect to project and operations status
- In addition to building effective working relationships with stakeholders, the manager partners with stakeholders to execute against agreed-upon commitments
- Responsible for managing stakeholder escalations/priority shifts to resolution and/or senior management escalation
- Collects, analyzes, organizes and presents data on projects and operations to senior management
- Develops and executes against operational KPIs
- Resource Management
- Works closely with Dev Managers and Project Managers to track resource allocation and utilization for assigned projects
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from his/her manager
- Utilizes subject matter expertise and data from analysis, to propose system improvements to leadership
- Oversees implementation of approved system improvement recommendations within functional area
- Identifies and proposes improvement ideas
- Responsible for producing and/or validating project plans, provided by project managers & technology professionals
- Responsible for ensuring projects deliver on time and budget by holding contributors accountable for delivering on project milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for identifying project execution risks and project-related issues, suggesting mitigation plans for resolution to management
- Responsible for project resource allocation and management and budget management
- Drives innovation among the team
- Creation/refinement of efficient processes, standards, and policies
- Monitors violations, and designs a remediation plan to ensure adherence
- Is accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
- Is responsible for:
- the performance management of team members, including disciplinary actions and hire/fire recommendations
- talent development, including quarterly conversations, career pathways conversations and individual development/growth plans
- Models the Zayo Culture and Values
- Review/Approvals/Escalations/Issues Resolutions
- Supports and trains resources and oversees quality in triage and troubleshooting practices
- Leads troubleshooting efforts on critical issues with cross functional teams through resolution
- Identifies improvements to address repeat issues
- Reviewer for assessing adherence to new security architectures to guidelines
Applications In Scope:
- Other applications as needed
- Experience administering SalesForce Environment.
- Bachelor's degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and business systems analysis projects.
- 2+ years' experience working in the telecom environment required.
- Expert in SDLC; expert understanding of at least one methodology and strong conceptual understanding of at least one other (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Solid foundation in project management methodologies with experience managing small to medium sized projects.
- Ability to work effectively through collaboration across disciplines, feature teams, and partners.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
Base salary range: $108,871-$118,010
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time