Associate Enrollment Advisor
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to bring on an Associate Enrollment Advisor..
As an Associate Enrollment Advisor, you’ll be the support system for a team helping students successfully enroll in college. You will process reports from our university partners to set your team up for success, and help field calls and emails from our students to help them keep moving towards their goals. You will be a partner in collaboration and trouble-shooting with students and university partners along every step of the students’ enrollment experience- working both to ensure students are enrolled efficiently, and also constantly working to optimize and improve process in service of satisfaction and scale. You’ll be a critical member of the team, ensuring that roadblocks are cleared for the rest of the enrollment advisor team so that students smoothly enroll in college with confidence and are aware of what is needed to be successful in the program they choose.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Engaging with prospective students who have expressed interest in pursuing a degree or other program at a Guild university partner
- Assisting students with collecting and submitting required documents and information to complete their university program applications
- Anticipating teammate needs, and driving action before being asked.
- Communicating with students whether by phone, email or text
- Constantly iterating on Guild’s student enrollment experience to improve student enrollment satisfaction and success: identifying challenges in the admissions and enrollment process, analyzing and evaluating opportunities to improve those areas, identifying action steps to implement and drive positive change
- Improving your approach through feedback and coaching, training programs, and collaboration
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a team that is continually improving processes and student outcomes in the enrollment process across multiple universities. Develop and refine your organizational skills as you track students through the process and report on specific road blocks.
- Learn to motivate students to stay focused through the process of enrollment, overcome potential obstacles, and solve problems.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- As a mission driven company, the harder we work, the more students we can help. You will be assessed on your dedication to the mission through regular feedback from your manager and the team on a weekly basis.
- You will be asked to bring enthusiasm to every challenge, flexibility in the face of every change, and patience to the role as an Associate Enrollment Advisor. This is a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment that demands your best everyday.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
Team support expertise:
- Demonstrated ability to support teammates with deadline driven timelines
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change without oversight
- A willingness and self-driven motivation to step outside your role and contribute to projects and initiatives in our fast-growing startup environment
Technical and organizational competence:
- Great attention to detail, and a highly-organized approach to your daily work, ability to set and manage expectations,and manage follow up
- Familiarity with Google Sheets functions, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
Iterative, growth mindset:
- Resilience, openness and an ability to positively respond and adapt to frequent change
- A bias to action and sense of urgency as well as a persuasive ability to motivate action in others
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise. This role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses