Area Sales Director at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Area Sales Director
Arrow is seeking an experienced selling executive to manage the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions. This individual will be responsible for driving continuous, profitable growth in one of the fastest growing regions in the Americas. This position is tasked with taking an established market to the next level and will engage with Arrow’s target customers including Aerospace & Defense, automotive, computing, biotechnology and many more.
What you’ll be doing:
● Responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow, the Director, Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA’s. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors sales strategy throughout business. The Director, Sales has an expert knowledge of the business, and is able to leverage Arrow’s strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
● Leadership: Recruit, hire and mentor top sales management talent. Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow's customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages vendor and customer relationships. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities.
● Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data, SLA’s and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit by measuring performance results against goals. .
● Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with vendor and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience driving strategic customer partnerships through both supply chain and engineering engagement
- Ability to build and cultivate executive level customer relationships
- Track record selling engineering and outsourced integration services
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on a strategic initiative.
- Ability to see the complexity of business decisions and predict possible outcomes to identify best course of action.
- Experience setting up complex engagements and plans.
- Proven ability to manage a team to success
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic component sales, product knowledge of line card and ability to sell
- Thorough understanding of distribution
- Knowledge of P & L concepts
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50%
- Ability to build a pipeline of sales talent for the future
What’s in it for you:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)