Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
How You’ll Do It
At Pie, we are pioneering a new approach to insurance, which means a new approach to renewals and account management. The Direct Account Specialist role plays a key part in the direct sales team by driving and maintaining high retention numbers through their unique ability to connect with customers. This role requires flexibility, industry knowledge, and strong selling skills to garner positive results. This team will have the opportunity to take part in and help guide the evolution of direct relationship management.
Day to Day
- Meet or exceed renewal and retention targets
- Meet or exceed sales and product objectives by preventing customer churn and pursuing cross-sell and up-sell opportunities as directed by Inside Sales Leadership
- Perform high volume of daily outreach to insureds
- Gather business and risk assessment information to be used to accurately price and audit the insured
- Leverage selling expertise to effectively guide renewal process and facilitate positive outcomes for Pie and the customer
- Field questions and concerns from “at-risk” customers and effectively sell Pie’s value for the renewal term
- Send updated renewal quotes to Direct customers
- Manage a growing pipeline of renewal customers, track each renewal through all stages and record customer-related activities and interactions in Salesforce
- Proactively monitor reports and list views in Salesforce to assess the health of your renewal pipeline
- Collaborate with Underwriting and Customer Success to proactively solve and mitigate customer problems
- Answer questions and resolve client issues in a timely and thorough manner; escalate issues to manager as appropriate
- Procure signed policy documents from the insured in a timely manner
- Create a daily and weekly plan to optimize overall productivity
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks and duties that drive revenue for the Inside Sales Team
The Right Stuff
- At least 2 - 3 years of working sales experience. Experience working in an incentive or commission based sales position is highly preferred.
- 1 year of experience working in the insurance industry (workers’ compensation is preferred), in a customer-facing role such as account management, sales, or customer success.
- Experience working with high volume product lines and managing (or growing) a XXX size pipeline.
- 1 year of experience in CRM systems is required. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated advancement in responsibility in skills through position progression in previous work history is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to articulate complicated insurance requirements and changes to customers.
- Sharp attention to detail and organizational skills. You can also identify gaps in organization and will review your work, addressing the gaps and fixing errors with minimal direction.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, organize timelines and execute on deadlines.
- Follow Up. You will chase down leads and own weekly follow ups with our customers. We need someone who is not afraid to chase down the answer.
- Knowledgeable in process management, and the skills to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $21/hr - $27/hr
This is an incentive pay based position with potential compensation ranging from $60,000 - $75,000 based on performance. As this is incentive based compensation, there is no guaranteed pay amount and the ranges provided are based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding