Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero’s proven and longstanding partner value proposition. In addition to recruiting new accounting firms to our partner program, you will also actively manage existing relationships with accounting partners in your territory and actively grow new business within your existing partner base. You will recruit new partners and pass them into a Partner Growth Manager at which they will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by their team. At the point these partners become production ready, if they fit the current client size you will receive them back to continue to grow them as a partner. Some travel will be required.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: Experienced in selling and closing, well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional intelligence, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Take a role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit and grow new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Manage outbound and inbound sales calls, respond to prospective/current partner inquiries, and have the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach to drive high-complexity consensus sale
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and community events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
- Travel to partners and prospects in your assigned territory up to 10-20% of the time
- Utilize sales enablement tools such as Salesforce and other automation tools
Success looks like
- Meeting monthly targets on new clients signing up to Xero via your accounting partners
- Meeting weekly KPI measurements such as phone calls, meetings, and events. More than 80% of your communication with customers and partners will be via phone, email, and webinar
- Maintaining a high level of activity and excellent account hygiene in our CRM by hitting on key touch points
- Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry
- Manage existing accounting partner relationships under our recruit, educate, grow model
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
- Understand the buyer: shows enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Communication: Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Customer focused: Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 3+ years of relationship building sales experience in a consultative sales environment
- Experience in closing sales role strongly preferred
- Experience selling in a high growth, SaaS environment
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems a plus
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $53,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. In addition to base salary and long-term incentive, this position also has uncapped commission.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.