Account Manager at Hotel Engine (Remote)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
As a Hotel Engine Account Manager, you’ll be the primary point of contact for customers. You will be responsible for building relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization, focusing on continuous improvement activities, and insuring customer’s critical KPI metrics are being met. In this role you’ll be collaborating with customers to develop and execute initiatives which add value to their corporate travel needs by leveraging the full scope of company products and services.
Here's what you'll do:
- Drive monthly growth by upselling Hotel Engine across a dedicated book of accounts
- Provide exceptional customer service to existing customers
- Facilitate hand-off of key accounts from Sales Department to Account Management, partnering closely with Account Executives to onboard & ramp new customers
- Proactively work to prevent issues, but resolve them efficiently as they arise
- Setup and provide training to new users of existing customers
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with top accounts to build relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Act as an advocate for your clients
- Become a subject matter expert in the Hotel Engine platform & industry
- Consistently meet or exceed daily KPI requirements
- Post-COVID, available for travel (up to 20%)
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2-3 years prior experience in account management, customer success, or sales required
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative and adapts to changing demands. Brings a positive attitude and energy to work every day.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Ability to use consultative sales approach to identify additional opportunities within current customer base
- Utilize analytical tools to identify trends in customer account usage
- The base salary for this role starts at $55,000/year + a variable component of $20,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.