Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Carrier Account Manager Position Description
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and up-selling current base of accounts in a team environment. As part of the sales team, this individual will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of sales presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in all product/service offerings, and driving the sales cycle to closure. Key areas of focus will include: sales appointments, assisting in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, providing guidance and counsel throughout the sales process, and ensuring complete and accurate completion of design documentation and contract paperwork in support of complex agreements.
- Sells Zayo products and services to a defined customer base
- Works in a matrix oriented fashion to maximize sales efforts
- Responsible for industry conference preparation such as Incompas and ITW
- Responsible for diligent funnel management of both new business, retention strategies and disconnects
- Develops account plans and conducts sales calls to drive revenue and growth
- Meets monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals set by the leadership team, through aggressive prospecting and selling
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in telecommunications (sales, product, or sales engineering); Cable industry experience preferred.
- Strong presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel. SF.com experience desired but not required.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave