Job Title: Account Manager – Cannabis Software Company
Location: Boulder, CO 80205
Account Managers are the primary points of contact with clients and they drive both retention and revenue by being proactive, positive, and attentive to client needs. Our account management unit is fast-paced, collaborative, and constantly innovating to deliver the best possible service. A typical day will involve proactive outreach to clients, uncovering insights from our own datasets, and handling numerous client requests. This is a fast-paced and intense job that requires attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
If you’re selected for this position you’ll be joining the cannabis industry’s premier market research firm and representing the company to clients around the world. Your colleagues will keep you on your toes, sometimes literally when we break for lunchtime yoga.
If you thrive under pressure, attack challenges head on, and want to be a part of shaping our rapidly growing company, keep reading as this might be a good fit. If diving into an analysis of the fastest trending products in dispensaries or the profiles of different types of cannabis consumers sounds exciting, this might be the gig.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep client relationships and build trust with all contacts
- Develop a rapport as a consultative partner. This includes customer needs assessment, communicating value, ensuring engagement, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Deliver revenue growth through account renewals, communicating new product offerings, and adding on services to existing accounts.
- Develop deep industry insight and expertise within the cannabis market; become an expert in the industry and provide ongoing value and support to client base, addressing both short term and long-term opportunities and challenges
- Cultivate an understanding of clients’ business and business needs through direct communication and coordinate across multiple divisions within the company to address those needs
- Use strong analytical acumen to interpret data to tell a story or illustrate insights for clients
- Facilitate client onboardings and day-to-day client requests and needs
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by working with multiple groups to ensure data, reports, products and services are best aligned to client needs
- Build and execute client proposals, contracts and other documentation
- Build and maintain all client and pipeline information in Salesforce and other sales/CRM platforms
- Prioritize conflicting client requests and company tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business-related or science/tech field, or equivalent experience. Military service may substitute for education requirements.
- 2+ years in an Account Management, Sales, Client Services, Customer Success, or similar role
Additional Experience Considered:
- Proven track record managing accounts and/or clients in one of the following or similar industries: CPG, Retail, Food & Bev, Alcohol, Tobacco, Financial Services, Software
- Prior analysis and/or implementation of consumer or retail insights data
- Prior knowledge of the cannabis industry is NOT a requirement, but interest in learning the industry inside and out is a must
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Travel: up to 20%
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.