Apostrophe is building the health plan that can fix America.
The largest, most innovative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our Intelligent Health Benefits Platform makes their best practices plug-and-play for the other 80% of US employers who self-insure their health benefits. In an industry defined by complexity, opacity and indifference — Apostrophe is delivering simplicity, transparency and love.
Who You Are
You enjoy building relationships, managing multiple projects simultaneously and are excited about and ready to do the hard work required to fix health care. You have prior experience managing customer relationships in a high-growth B2B SaaS company or in the healthcare benefits administration space. Individuals who will be successful in this role have drive, strong process and time management skills and an ability to clearly communicate complex concepts with confidence — both internally and externally.
What You’ll Do
You will be managing a multi-million dollar revenue portfolio and accountable for customer retention. This is a cross-functional position that creates long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. It requires an ability to hear and guide the customer while coordinating internally to ensure successful onboarding and customer satisfaction and retention.
1. Onboard new customers from the point of sale through activation.
- Support individual brokers and clients in making the transition to Apostrophe by accurately communicating expectations, product features, policies, and resources.
- Advise clients and brokers on how to maximize plan savings and consumer experience through Apostrophe, while driving standardization whenever possible.
- Proactively collect data and documentation necessary for timely and effective onboarding.
- Support employee orientation and ongoing education through in-person and remote meetings.
- Build tools for self-service onboarding through collaboration with marketing, operations, engineering, and product teams.
2. Develop and maintain long-term, trusting relationships to retain and grow business.
- Proactively communicate and educate clients about problems and/or opportunities.
- Efficiently manage customer support requests via phone, email and via customer relationship management system.
- Actively resolve issues and navigate requests through internal investigation and response coordination.
- Lead quarterly customer check-in meetings and analyze / present data needed to demonstrate value.
- Develop referenceable accounts and customer champions to support ongoing growth in the region and/or industry vertical.
3. Act as an internal liaison between the customer and internal teams.
- Identify and proactively tackle major customer challenges and opportunities.
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Aggregate customer support requests to inform strategy and product roadmap
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our product or strategy solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Own the customer relationship and retention. Mediate customer feature requests with internal capabilities and profitability goals.
What You’ll Need
- Prior experience in project management, account management and/or customer services.
- Comfortability with manipulating and aggregating data to glean customer insights.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Skilled at developing and giving presentations to both customer leadership and employees.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to listen and guide the customer to decisions that will result in effective and efficient use of the Apostrophe platform.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity.
- Excellent time and project management skills. You’re always looking to improve inefficient processes.
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Experience with using customer relationship management software to manage accounts.
- Willingness to travel 25%-50% time depending on the time of the year
Who We Are
Apostrophe Intelligent Health Benefits replace your current administrator and legacy provider network to deliver better benefits for less money to self-insured employers. Apostrophe is driven by simplicity, transparency and love to provide market-leading member care and put employers back in control of cost and experience.
We are a Techstars Boulder 2017 company and certified B Corporation. Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas, Royal Street Capital, Ulu Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners are helping us build a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Our home base is in the RiNo area of Denver. There is ample free parking and we are just a couple blocks from the new 38th and Blake Light Rail stop.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.