Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Of course, this position description is just a guide - you'll be expected to be flexible and perform any other duties as reasonably required of you by your Manager and this position description is likely to evolve and develop over time.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero's proven and longstanding partner value proposition. The is a largely phone based position. Beginning with the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans, you will build effective partner relationships to grow and generate new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero.
In addition to recruiting new accounting firms to our partner program, you will also actively manage existing relationships with accounting partners in your territory. You will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by you or someone on your team in the local community. Some travel will be required.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional intelligence, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Take a role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit, educate, and grow new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Apply your selling and relationship management skills to drive high-complexity consensus sale
- Manage all inbound sales calls and respond to prospective/current partner enquiries, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
- Utilize sales enablement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, and other automation tools
Success looks like
- Meeting monthly targets on new clients signing up to Xero via your accounting partners as well as maintaining a high level of activity hitting on key touch points to maintain excellent account hygiene in our CRM.
- Weekly KPI measurements. Such as phone calls, meetings, and events. More than 90% of your communication with customers and partners will be via phone, email, and webinar.
- Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry
- Manage existing accounting partner relationships under our recruit, educate, grow model
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
What you'll bring with you
- Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 2+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strong market knowledge of current accounting practice and SMB software competitor platforms
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience a plus
- A background in telesales, recruitment or public practice accounting will be well regarded
- Willingness to travel to partners and territories up to 10% of time
It's time to introduce yourself
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please send us your resume and a link to your portfolio if you:
Love doing #beautiful work and are driven to succeed.
Show your passion for the #human side of business accounting through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people you serve.
Seek the #challenge of complex problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion sales thinking by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable quality from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.