About IHS Markit, Private Capital Markets:
IHS Markit’s Private Capital Markets division empowers its customers to more effectively control their data. Whether it is for portfolio assessment, valuations, investor reporting, or on-demand insight into operating metrics of a specific asset, IHS Markit is the platform of choice.
What’s in it for you:
IHS Markit’s Private Capital Markets is looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for working closely with clients starting from onboarding through their initial contract term and subsequent renewal periods to ensure clients are seeing value in their experience with our products and services.
You will have the opportunity to build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to some of the biggest finance firms. You will work with a like-minded and energetic team to increase client engagement through events, meetings and 1:1 relationships. In addition, to client interactions- you will be able to work on projects that drive product innovation and improve internal operations.
Teams are collaborative, impactful and fun. With plenty of opportunities for personal growth and professional development, you will find IHS Markit invests in its employees.
What you’ll work on:
- Owning overall relationship with assigned clients, identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with influencers and the core team interacting with our solutions
- Conducting client health checks, identifying critical goals and key performance indicators for each client to clearly understand and measure client satisfaction and rollout success
- Providing consultative guidance on best practices for deep software adoption, advising on product capabilities and potential application to customer’s unique requirements
- Proactively suggesting improvements to existing processes and thinking creatively to promote new ideas that will benefit the team and our overall efforts
- Overseeing and managing execution of client projects.
- Keeping up to date with IHS Markit products and client use-cases as enhancements are made.
- Cultivating and contributing to a positive work environment through knowledge sharing, team building and rallying behind new initiatives and efforts across the organization
- Providing timely and positive resolution of escalated issues
- Identifying upsell opportunities and working collaboratively with colleagues to manage the opportunity to close process
- Developing a renewal strategy and proactively identifying and taking measures to mitigate risk to ensure clients are prepared and satisfied to renew their contracts
- Working closely with billing to handle client invoicing issues and questions
- Staying current on industry related news, trends, and best practices in portfolio data management and managing regulatory concerns
What we look for:
- 3 to 7 years of related experience in either fintech, private equity or venture capital
- Established ability to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction (high renewal rates, client saves, testimonials)
- Experience in project management with attention to detail and a history of successful project execution
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate, present effectively at all levels of our organization as well as our client’s organizations
- Experience with change management and software implementations
- Knowledge of utilizing Salesforce to track opportunities and customer activity
- Ability to pick up new technologies easily
- A solid foundation of Excel skills, with the ability to quickly read and understand financials
- Self-motivated with ability to think critically, and provide and execute on solutions
- Works well in a team and can contribute positively to team and office culture
- Flexibility to travel to clients when needed (approximately 30% travel)