Account Manager (Inside) - Colorado, 10/21/2020
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring an important customer success and quota-based Account Manager to work within the North American sales organization reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer to focus on post sale customer engagement and selling new solutions, upgrades, maintenance contracts, and other renewal and subscription services for an assigned existing client group. This role uses telephone, email and other technology tools to remotely interface with clients and execute short/long term revenue and profitability targets. B2B end-user clients range from small/mid-market owner/operators to larger, regional enterprises and national account locations, in the recycling industry.
As our Account Manager, you will work to:
- Collaborate with field sales team to develop new business within assigned accounts in joint team selling approach.
- Drive and exceed quarterly business plans for new solutions, upgrades, maintenance contracts and other renewal and subscription service contracts for assigned existing accounts.
- Achieve company sales objectives established for assigned accounts by developing and strengthening client relationships through telephone, email and other technology tools to remotely interface. Uncover customer needs, identify new opportunities, and execute campaigns.
- Facilitate the on-boarding process for clients by coordinating communications between the client, assigned field rep, operations, service/support and other internal resources to ensure a smooth installation/implementation and transition to post sale communications.
- Act as the lead post sale/installation point of contact for assigned clients and coordinate, align and leverage other internal groups/functions like operations, service, etc.
- Nurture on-going relationships with clients to increase customer loyalty through regular engagement and by monitoring customer utilization, product performance, and overall satisfaction, coordinating with key internal teams like operations, service/support, product and leveraging existing and new reports/information on product performance, maintenance, etc.
- Engage and coordinate internal resources, including sales leadership, technical resources, subject matter experts, customer care, and regional sales expertise for field visits as needed to manage relationships, develop opportunities, define solutions or win sales.
- Conduct contract negotiations for service and SW subscription agreements in line with established guidelines. Drive and align internal stakeholders to leverage resources and develop winning solutions and proposals.
- Utilize internal sales processes to support departmental sales objectives, reporting requirements and goals to ensure organizational sales standards are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years sales or customer success experience, building and growing a book of business to existing clients including sales to mid-markets to meet monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets.
- Ability to effectively and impactfully communicate and influence through telephone, email and other IT tools to develop and sell solutions.
- Experience selling sw subscription and/or service contracts for capital equipment or high-tech systems or HW solutions.
- Strong consultative/value selling skills and ability to influence service utilization and technology expansion in customer organizations. Ability to successfully challenge, educate and evangelize customers.
- Strong and demonstrated business acumen and savvy in technology.
- Ability to understand large scale technology implementation and capital equipment deals.
- Demonstrated agility and ability to be adaptive, with a high willingness to learn.
- Experience communicating and developing relationships with business owner/operators and senior leadership, and with decision makers/influencers across an organization.
- BA/BS degree.
- 3+ years of Account Management or Customer Success experience.
- Waste management or recycling industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering/technical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and ability to support and utilize company SPMs and sales tracking tools.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of sales experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- 1500 Cherry St., Louisville, CO.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time to client locations and overnight stays.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $90,000-120,000 OTE depending on experience
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.