At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, an early-stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
About the role
As an Account Executive at Flatfile you’ll be a key member of a small but mighty team, you’ll become a product expert and build personal relationships with the people that drive our business forward--turning prospects into happy customers. You’ll wear a suit some days and flip-flops others. You’ll be talking to CEOs and CSMs, engineers and designers, as they come to Flatfile looking for a solution to their data onboarding problems.
You will . . .
- Become a Flatfile product expert, developing a deep understanding of the problem space and the solutions we offer
- Own the entire sales process from beginning to end, from prospecting and qualifying leads through passing them off to our Customer Experience team for implementation
- Build and nurture relationships with prospective customers, speaking with Product Managers, Customer Success leaders, and other technical decision-makers
- Present to and proactively communicate with customers
- Engage and involve cross-functional internal teams throughout the sales cycle, leveraging Customer Engineers to provide additional technical insights when needed and proactively communicating with post-sales teams to ensure a smooth onboarding experience
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to define and improve sales processes
- Maintain and communicate accurate sales forecasting; track customer interactions/information and maintain data cleanliness systems in tools such as SFDC
- Communicate customer feedback with our Product and Engineering teams as needed
You have . . .
- Experience (at least 2-3 years) in a quota caring role for a B2B SaaS solution, ideally selling a technical solution
- Strong prospecting, selling, and negotiating skills; a consultative sales approach, and experience selling to technical decision-makers
- Proven ability to manage 20+ opportunities simultaneous throughout a complex sales cycle, ideally for mid-market accounts
- Proficiency with Salesforce or a similar CRM, G Suite, and macOS
Bonus points for . . .
- Experience at an early stage startup or high growth startup preferred
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Base Salary: $90,000 - $100,000 annually
Sales Commission & Equity: this role is eligible to earn commissions and equity options
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously and aim to treat every employee like a million-dollar hire.
We’re team-focused here: we look for great teammates (not just great individuals) and strive to be a place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
What we offer . . .
* The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
* Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
* Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
* 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
* Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
* Short term disability insurance
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
* Equity options