Account Executive at Backbone
Backbone is a product development platform that empowers brands to make products smarter, faster, and at scale. We believe the future of consumer brands is digital. We provide the platform that empowers brands to innovate, design and develop products at digital speed.
We are looking for a smart, scrappy, curious, and driven HUSTLER to join our Sales team. This is a fast-paced environment and a rapidly growing company. We value hard work and self-starters, and you’ll be learning as you go.
We are a Customer Centric organization. Our Client’s success is our success.
Because of that, we have a unique perspective on sales in that we value both retention and new growth equally! Did we mention we’re in it for the long haul? We expect our sales organization to evangelize our “customer first” values and sell the right deal today to position the partners to grow lock-step with Backbone.
Backbone has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We have a fun and fast-growing team based out of Boulder, CO, and are looking for energetic and experienced team members to help us grow.
We hope you’ll join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Find, negotiate and close deals with some of the best brands in the world. Be next level.
- Actively seek out new sales leads and business opportunities through relentless planning, outreach, and networking. Be fearless.
- Work with C-Level executives and heads of Sales, Marketing, Operations, and IT to understand the positive impact of revolutionizing their planning, selling, and operational processes. Be smart.
- Push to convert every lead, schedule every call, close every deal, and follow up on every commitment that you make. You will never give up, and you will approach everything you do with the right attitude and effort. Be effective.
- Build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders, understand prospective customers’ needs, and utilize superior sales skills to earn new business in a highly competitive landscape. Be real.
- Listen attentively and ask good questions to identify inefficiencies and challenges with a brand’s current processes, and present a tailored solution to improve through the use of technology. Be honest.
- Be curious, introspective, questioning, adaptable, and driven to learn every day in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment. Be passionate.
Who You Are:
- You like to control your own destiny: While you’ll mainly receive qualified leads from marketing, the ability to supplement that through your own hunting and scouting is vital.
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You ask great questions and take good notes. You’ll be juggling multiple priorities at all times and it’s critical that you keep yourself organized in Salesforce.
- You’re customer-focused. While we believe in a consistent and measurable sales process that moves customers to a decision, we also believe in treating customers and people the right way - with courtesy and partnership!
- Top tier presentation and product demo skills
- You’re Customer-Centric. A team member who believes in the long-term value of building trust with customers.
- You’re obsessed with gathering and using data to make business decisions
- You enjoy ownership and autonomy in your work
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient and thrive in a dynamic startup environment
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of sales or meaningful prospecting experience, preferably in SaaS (prefered but not required)
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com and other tools like Outreach and ChurnZero (prefered but not required)
- Not required, but extra points for experience in either consumer goods (ideally apparel, footwear or accessories) or the Direct-to-Consumer market.
- Located in Downtown Boulder, CO - Will consider remote applicants but local to CO and/or willingness to relocate is a plus
- Full Time, with work-life balance - flex wfh days
- Compensation package commensurate with experience and expertise
Benefits and opportunities:
- Insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness reimbursement
- Transit benefits
- Company Stock Options