Account Executive - New Markets at KPA
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
KPA (www.kpa.io) is a leading provider of EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) SaaS software, online training, and consulting services. KPA’s innovative software platform delivers the visibility and actionable insight necessary for organizations to proactively mitigate operational, regulatory and compliance-related risks – helping achieve regulatory compliance; control risk; protect assets; and effectively train, retain, and manage people.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
The Account Executive is a strategic member of the sales team, responsible for helping KPA achieve top line revenue growth by identifying and closing new sales opportunities.
The role is focused on selling KPA’s Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance software and value-added services portfolio into the new and emerging markets. Our software serves as the central hub of activity for growing compliance and safety departments seeking an adaptable, quick-to-implement solution featuring built-in best practices that accelerate business processes for compliance and risk professionals. This is a challenging, exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and resilience.
More Specifically, you will:
- Own the business plan for a defined geographic territory closing sales with existing clients and new logo targets
- Actively prospect for new opportunities within the assigned territory and act on inbound leads with urgency
- Build and maintain a pipeline that is 4x annual quota target
- Effectively manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation and other deliverables required to close new business
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate internal KPA resources to provide the best client experience
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan
- Use Salesforce to continuously update and maintain active deals for pipeline management, daily activity, and sales forecasting
- Rapidly become proficient in the value proposition of KPA’s offering and demonstrate the ability to deliver that message in person, via webinar and by phone
- Actively participate in team meetings, share best practices, and maintain a positive, team player attitude – motivating others as necessary
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, SDRs, Product, Implementation, and Executive Team to maximize sales pipeline, bookings and provide feedback into long-term KPA strategy
- Job related travel up to 50%
- Ambitious. You know how to define personal success and build a sales pipeline to get there. You’re always thinking ahead to the next sale. KPA is growing and we are all ready to celebrate your successes in sales
- Problem-Solver. When issues arise, you don’t stop looking for solutions until you have an answer. You’ll rely on peers and executives alike for advice to understand the people, systems, and process issues that may be holding your sale back.
- Agile. The first answer isn’t always the best. You’ll find the right recommendations for your customers by collaborating with teammates.
- Listener. Connect with prospects and recommend the right solutions by collaborating with sales engineers, EHS experts and client success
- Technical. You have used Salesforce and can sell services and software to our new markets
Required Skills and Experience:
- Generally, 3+ years of quota carrying sales experience in a B2B environment
- Consistent, proven over-achievement in past quota carrying roles
- High intensity and drive to achieve immediate results, meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Adept in identifying and winning new business
- Strong intellectual curiosity to uncover why buyers will buy and how to leverage that information
- Highly effective communication skills that convey professionalism in all written, verbal, and virtual meetings
- Proficient working with Salesforce and MS Office suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Annual Base Salary of $70k plus commission
- On Target Earnings of $162,500 annually
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work 2021 by Built In Colorado.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (dependent on medical plan)
- Paid Time Off increasing with tenure
- Paid Holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- No-cost Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description