Account Executive - Named Accounts (Remote) at Freshworks
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
Freshworks provides intelligent customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to win customers for life. More than 50,000 businesses trust Freshworks, including our employee engagement, customer engagement and CRM solutions, to better support employees so businesses can increase customer satisfaction and lifetime value. Our products are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
As an Account Manager, you'll be responsible for driving sales into existing Mid-Market and Enterprise defined accounts. Your accounts will all have strategic importance to the growth of the region. You will work with teams across Freshworks to manage all aspects of the sales process including business development, lead management, qualification, evaluation and closing. This role is quota carrying mission based, and an integral to our success.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Along with your manager, define and execute plans for your accounts, and then exceed your sales goals through stakeholder mapping, prospecting, qualifying and closing opportunities
- Develop and manage your sales pipeline, by assessing and qualifying many activities simultaneously
- Grow, manage and track customer contact and install base within your accounts
- Act as a guide and strategic pattern to your accounts by becoming intimately knowledgable about their key business challenges
- Use resources effectively, including MRE, SDR, Pre-Sales, Support, Project Manager and Product Managers to meet your sales goals
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecasting
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
Our Perfect Match
- 5+ years experience of selling a technical software product as an Account Manager
- You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new teams into the Freshworks world to maximize revenue. You are a Hunter and a Farmer and a Closer at heart
- Highly driven individual with an executive focus, a strong sense of urgency and a belief in the Freshworks mission. Able to go beyond relationship management
- Experience of SaaS is a must, experience of customer support, CRM or ITSM is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Showed consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory selling a technical product
- You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You do not fear transparency or debate
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful