Account Executive, Grocery Partnerships, Merchandising at Ibotta
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest minds in technology? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about digital marketing. We are looking for an outstanding Account Executive to work with the biggest players in grocery retail to gain their support for our game-changing platform.
- Develop and deliver innovative presentations that educate grocery buyers, marketers and merchandisers on Ibotta’s value proposition and partnership opportunities
- Utilize data to sell in and negotiate partnerships with grocery retailers, garnering their support for Ibotta campaigns that will be running in their stores
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships between Ibotta and grocery retailers
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept relationship management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams, including the CPG sales team, to ensure that our relationships with retailers are driving expected results for our brand partners
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 2+ years of national B2B business development experience in Shopper Marketing, CPG or Grocery
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur and to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 20% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.