Account Executive (Direct Sales)
The Mid-Market Sales team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate to the experience of modern businesses, giving them peace of mind when paying and taking care of their teams. As part of a growing and expanding organization, each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Contribute to our collaborative yet competitive sales culture with thought leadership and new ideas as we grow
- Work directly with business owners in analyzing their payroll, HR, and employee benefit requirements, and show them how Gusto can meet their unique needs and concerns
- Understand a prospect’s employee benefit goals, identify the best benefits package to achieve those goals, and empower employees with great health care
- Transform the complicated language of payroll and health insurance into clear and simple concepts that people can understand
- Become a product expert, able to walk business owners through the full Gusto experience and show them how it will simplify their lives
- Drive revenue by navigating the customer buying process, engaging key stakeholders, and ultimately closing the deal
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of SaaS sales experience with a proven track record of success in a high-volume, fast paced role (experience selling in the HR space a plus but not required)
- Work with clients in a consultative style
- Ability to be an owner and work autonomously, you need little guidance and own targets and projects from beginning to end
- Process-minded: you proactivity look for opportunities to improve upon inefficient processes
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Hustle! You are competitive with heart, and always a team player
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.