Account Executive 3 at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems is looking for an individual who wants to play an instrumental role in the growth objectives of a company which is driving the streaming revolution. Someone with a winning, humorous, and experimental attitude with a willingness to engage and make results happen and learn by doing. In addition, we are looking for that individual who will dive head first into consultative sales and who thrives on making the next connection that will enable streaming video and audio to any device, anywhere!
What you will be doing:
As part of our core sales team, this individual will directly engage (both inbound and outbound) with global prospects and customers to progress them through the buying process and close opportunities. Individual will address education and buying needs, partner with internal Wowza resources to address technical questions, identify right end-to-end solutions all in a manner consistent with Wowza and results in high customer and prospect satisfaction. Inside sales representatives, will respond to early-stage prospective questions, engage in the sales process, deliver price quotes as needed, and connect prospects to additional Wowza resources. This position will be based in our Golden, CO office with minimal travel.
- Understanding Wowza product/service offerings and address sales inquiries about our technology accordingly
- Responding to incoming sales inquiries, qualified leads, and marketing delivered prospects quickly and effectively
- Taking warm prospects and solving quick issues that shorten the sales cycle
- Find interesting and creative ways to contact new prospects across the globe
- Managing a diverse pipeline of sales leads ranging from small monthly plans to enterprise level deals
- Respond to external prospect/customer sales inquiries in a timely, articulate fashion
- Diligent record keeping in Salesforce.com
- Assist in informing quarterly sales forecasts and pipeline updates
- Collect and report on prospect/customer interactions as needed
- Research opportunities and contact information to arm Customer Success outbound sales campaigns
- Proactively reach out into our prospect base to engage and discuss Wowza solutions
Skills & Experience We’d Like You to Have:
- 3-5 years of software sales experience
- Proven pattern of success in software sales or highly consultative sales to business and/or government
- Consistent record of outperforming quota in previous field sales position(s)
- Strong understanding of technology and multiple platforms, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proficient at developing account plans
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to learn various internal systems quickly and effectively; familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred
- Great time management skills
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 Base
Wowza offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available 1st day of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with strong company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces.
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza:
Wowza has been consistently recognized as a leading place to work and grow professionally in Colorado. For 2021, Wowza was ranked the #49 Best Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado by Built In Colorado. Wowza is also proud to be on Built In Colorado's exclusive list of the 50 Colorado companies with the best employee benefits.
Wowza’s team works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.
Wowza’s office is currently in the mountain foothills in Golden, Colorado. A significant portion of Wowza colleagues work “remotely” from their homes, both outside of Colorado and outside of the US (we have an office in Berlin, Germany). This role is open to both local Denver candidates and “remote” candidates around the world who meet the requirements of the role.