Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Account Executive will support accounts in need of and in support of a broad spectrum of communications infrastructure. The successful candidate will develop customer relationships deep and wide at the C level and drive sales of Connectivity, Colocation, Cloud and infrastructure services to a single well established account. The position is responsible to achieve sales and revenue growth targets through consistent account management & hunting activities, meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive selling. The ideal candidate has the ability to work on large, complex deals applying a consultative and trusted advisor approach.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to a single targeted account while managing existing revenue.
- Present proposals and manage customers through the sales process.
- Attain high Net Promoter Score results based on excellent customer support in sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments.
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify, initiate contact with and qualify potential new contacts.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Sales Force.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience solution selling into large scale carrier accounts.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success & consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building/maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products, and services such as Ethernet, Waves, IP transport, Dark Fiber, Cloud services/connectivity, and colocation.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave