Account Director, Academic Partnerships
Guild is hiring an Account Director on the Academic Partnerships team to lead a set of strategic partnerships that Guild has with its academic partners (universities and other academic learning providers).
This is a unique opportunity to have a tangible impact on a business-critical team at Guild. We are looking for a “people person” who is highly skilled at building relationships, solving problems, and delivering business results. This individual will play a critical role in managing all aspects of an Academic Partnership, from the strategic to the tactical.
As an Account Director on the Academic Partnerships team, you will:
- Develop short and long term strategic and operational plans for your academic partners, in partnership with the Academic Partnerships leadership team
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with key external and internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas and levels of seniority
- Optimize the student experience, leveraging data to drive improvements across internal and external stakeholders to improve outcomes throughout the student journey.
- Enable program improvement and new program development, as demanded by our customers (Corporate Employer Partners and their students):
- Identify growth opportunities in consultation with Guild’s Advisory Services team and your academic partners
- Support cross-functional implementations of new programs and offerings
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing, data-driven account operations across student experience, finance, data, and training.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in client management, partner management, and/or program management, with particular emphasis on managing clients in a consulting capacity or managing programs in a high growth enterprise company.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders internally and externally, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Ability to lead others on strategic projects and initiatives, directly and indirectly through influence
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills: Ability to understand a problem, ideate on potential solutions, build data-backed recommendations, engage a broad set of stakeholders to get work done, and deliver a solution consistent with those recommendations
- Balance between a strategic and operator’s mindset, with a demonstrated ability to both see the big picture and get deep into the details on complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to synthesize information into a coherent and data-driven narrative and present that narrative in a compelling way.
- Cross-functional leadership and execution: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to build alignment with senior colleagues across various functions and levels and engage them towards specific program outcomes.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.