Academic Account Executive
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to grow an Academic Account Executive team.
As an Academic Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for bringing on new academic partnerships with universities and other innovative learning providers. You’ll be responsible for driving complex sales structures, seeing deals from initial conversation to contract review, and instrumental in building and scaling our rapidly growing academic partnerships sales organization.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Engaging with senior level executives at academic universities and providers to establish new partnerships through in person meetings and phone calls.
- Building strategic presentations and proposals to build effective champions with our prospective academic partners and supporting our partners to see the path to successfully rolling out a partnership with Guild to grow enrollments and support working adult students.
- Designing proposals and contracts that support the strategic goals of Guild and prospective partners through thoughtful design, likely to include economic arrangements, rollout strategy, implementation planning, product marketing, and preferred education offerings to meet the needs of our corporate partners and their employees .
- Cross functional work with our employer partnerships teams, client success teams, marketplace delivery, and finance to provide visibility and feedback into new partners likely to close and where to best collaborate to successfully generate new academic partner interest.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of factors that affect strategy at different academic institutions and you’ll become an expert at uncovering those challenges while effectively educating partners on the changing landscape of the future of work and education.
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild as you use your organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, intense, and dynamic environment.
- You’ll be instrumental in scaling our academic partnerships, including our strategy, contracts, and go-to-market planning.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Building rapport with senior level employees across academic providers, strategically managing the sales opportunity and building the process through consultative selling while moving the partnership forward.
- Managing multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serving as the primary contact for all internal activities.
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission – you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations.
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!) who all thrive on helping companies (and in this case) corporate leaders solve their most pressing business challenges by offering education.
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company.
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
- Hungry to make education benefits a household name so job seekers across America can always choose paths that support their education and income goals.
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- You’re a high-energy sales professional with a deep understanding of the education and business landscape, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales cycles with academic institutions or Fortune 500 accounts
- Proven success of selling multiyear contracts with values larger than $1M
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Purpose driven with passion for technology to disrupt and drive change
- You love taking risks, trying different things, and taking on new challenges. You know that sales process and strategy often change, and that’s something you enjoy
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!