Regional Vice President of Sales
About the Gig
- You will be responsible for owning, strategizing and implementing territory growth in your designated region - you could consider yourself a general manager.
- You will lead a team that has fairly wide ranging experience and responsibility spanning smaller value transactional deals to complex institution wide enterprise deals.
- Your team will sell classroom engagement and content marketplace solutions both directly to professors and across large school networks.
- You will coach and mentor your team with the goal of motivating and driving the right activity, developing their skills, and hitting aggressive revenue targets.
- You will be responsible for forecasting, reporting, and building optimal processes that will drive team productivity.
- You will use your skills and experience to help educate customers (Provosts, Vice Provosts, CTLs, Professors...) on how Top Hat is revolutionizing the world of education and show the value of using our platform.
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders including finance, sales ops, marketing, customer success and product to develop strategic initiatives to further Top Hat’s market position and growth potential.
- You have a minimum 5 years experience in progressive manager roles (10+ years experience overall)
- You have experience building and managing inside sales teams of 10+ reps
- You must have experience managing high velocity SMB sales cycles ($5K-$10K deals) as well as more complex mid-market deals ($500K+ deals)
- Have had experience rapidly building sales teams in high growth environments
- Experience working in a tech start-up is preferred but not requiredYou are passionate about talent and can speak to experience building teams
- You have experience optimizing workflows with a CRM (Salesforce is a plus but not a must)
- Experience selling SAAS is definitely a plus but not a must
- You have previously worked within a defined sales methodology (MEDDIC, Challenger...)
About Top Hat: Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch and is growing rapidly in our Denver Hub. We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us. The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.• We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!• Conveniently located right off I-25 in Wash Park West with affordable parking and access to the light rail.• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)• Our dress code is casual .. but ask us about our history of Tip Top Fridays!