Web / Software Project Manager
Location: US – Boulder/Longmont, Colorado
Employment: Contract-to-Hire Full-time W2 with benefits
Limina is looking for a talented Project Manager (PM) to lead a large enterprise project. We present a unique opportunity for talented individuals who thrive in creative, entrepreneurial environments. If you’re excited about the challenge of building a dynamic company, community, and brand—and are passionate about creating new applications, this is the right place for you.
The Project Manager for Limina must be a highly motivated individual who has a strong project management background managing software development and IT projects. The ideal candidate should be able to manage complex projects with aggressive schedules and a broad range of technologies. This includes figuring out innovative processes for efficiently planning, implementing, and delivering projects. The candidate must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and an ability to contribute to continuing the success of Limina and our clients. The candidate should be passionate about the projects and be delivering quality products in a timely manner.
The PM is part of the project leadership team and will typically work in conjunction with a Technical Team Lead, User Experience Lead, Business Lead, and Architect and will be directly responsible for setting the overall direction for the project.
- Define detailed project plans including tasks, timelines, milestones and resource requirements needed to successfully complete projects
- Build detailed project estimates and own project delivery and budget
- Responsible for all phases of the project management process
- Actively drive project status reporting
- Track project deliverables and milestones using appropriate tools
- Manage the project financials, actuals, and forecast
- Provide frequent and effective communication with the project team and leadership
- Determine KPIs and measures upon which the project is evaluated at completion
- Anticipate, identify, and manage risks. Identify and develop contingency and management actions and plans. Communicate effectively to contain risk
- Develop a communication strategy and meeting plans
- Monitor and control project deliverables
- Suggest and implement modifications to project scope, deliverables, timelines, and resources
- Prepare and present project status reports to team and stakeholders
- Support and direct project teams
- Track and monitor procurement, and hardware installation and readiness
- Manage project information sharing and communication, and document storage and security
- Identify inter-dependency with other projects and initiatives
- Leverage best practices and patterns for optimized delivery
- Effective project management techniques for working closely with stakeholders to define scope, goals, and deliverables in alignment with business objectives
- Lead knowledge transfer and onboarding of new resources to the team
- Ability to motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Work independently on large scale and complex enterprise projects. May lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage the project team to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Anticipates risks and works with the team to create mitigation plans
- Escalates significant/blocking issues and risks to leadership
- Work with project team and leadership to remove barriers to success
- Lead cross-functional teams through all phases of the project lifecycle to achieve project objectives
- Encourage collaboration and ensure that all viewpoints are represented and explored
- Build effective working relationships while holding team members accountable
- Work to become a valued partner with the client and Limina team
- Ability to probe, challenge and seek to resolve issues and to gain clarity on requirements or deliverables
- Manage a project budget including time tracking by project phase and resource group
- Represent the project team to the client’s technical, user experience and business stakeholders
- Ensure projects are managed according to Limina’s standards
- Educate project teams on these standards and works with Limina leadership to constantly improve project management processes and deliverables
- Coordinate activities across many cross-functional teams, communicating through proper channels and levels
- Willing and able to own and collaborate on the creation of project deliverables
GENERAL CONSULTING SKILLS
- Excellent communicator
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal communications with teams and clients
- Strong electronic note-taking and documentation
- Consulting with clients and internal teams to establish strategic, measurable objectives for projects
- Setting and meeting internal and client facing expectations on time with high-quality deliverables
- Facilitating client workshops and discussions
- Educating staff and clients on matters related to user-centered design
- Comfortable managing remote team members
- Comfortable working with both waterfall and agile software development processes
- Expected to travel occasionally for business purposes
PLATFORMS, SOFTWARE & TOOL SKILLS
- Extensive expertise in content management (Drupal and SharePoint)
- Highly skilled with MS Project, Atlassian Jira, and other common project management and time tracking toolsets
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has advanced project management skills including creating and updating project plan and identify dependencies across multiple projects or programs
- Is analytical and creative with excellent organizational skills – Is able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously without errors
- Understands big picture and detailed design implications (business/technical) of design direction
- Is able to synthesize innovative yet practical solutions by combining our clients’ requirements with user-centered best practices
- Can demonstrate experience leading successful change management on large projects
- Limina is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
- Our mission is to enable, expand and enhance human potential by simplifying complex computer interactions and creating more usable systems.
- We’re fueled by empowering users to meet their maximum potential by elevating the quality of their work experience.
- We thrive on creating highly useful and usable systems for maximum business value.
- We specialize in technical and user experience design leadership for complex systems design and development.
- We embrace agile practices, open source software solutions, and lean UX design practice.
- Our relationships matter. We fulfill and maintain long-term contracts with venture-backed start-ups, large companies, and government agencies.
- We maintain expertise at the forefront of innovation through our human-computer interaction work with both startup and enterprise breakthrough technologies.