Validation Specialist (ADX-301-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
ArcherDX (Invitae) is a growing, innovative company developing assays and software for next generation sequencing (NGS) with applications in research and in vitro diagnostics. The Validation Engineer will have a critical role in supporting and expanding the company’s manufacturing and quality control processes while maintaining GMP compliance. Key attributes of the successful applicant include the ability to work in a dynamic environment with high expectations and rapid change, and willingness to work within cross-functional teams.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Assisting in maintenance of procedures, policies, and related documents for validation activities.
- Executing qualification and validation activities as assigned.
- Maintaining validation schedule.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Experience within a GMP production facility is preferred, but not required.
- Use of Microsoft Office products, Smartsheet, and similar systems.
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Read Full Job Description