Transportation Specialist II
Arrow Electronics is seeking a Transportation Specialist II to join our team in Centennial, CO.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide shipment clearance instructions on import/export transactions to internal and external contacts. Ensure full compliance with BIS, ITAR and CBP requirements.
- Assist in managing the daily trade compliance operations for US and Canada import/export transactions by working with internal Arrow staff, customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure timely clearance.
- Be familiar with and apply regulations for importing/exporting from the US and Canada and remain current with changes to the regulations.
- Maintain Import/Export Compliance procedures and create process and procedure improvements where required improvements are identified.
- Apply consistent methodology when assigning a Harmonized Tariff Schedule number to new products, and across similar products and product families.
- Audit import/export filings by Arrow businesses and brokers.
- Provide and support analysis & regulatory guidance on:
- Bonded and FTZ warehousing and Trade Facilitation Programs
- Country specific import regulations that may impact export shipment requirements.
- Interface with Arrow Tax and other employees on new and existing business projects to provide import/export regulatory guidance.
- Work with GTMC leadership on the import/export classification strategy and establish global process continuity throughout the company.
- Participate in global and regional Customs and regulations training & notifications
- Provide import/export agents support for:
- Powers of Attorney
- Import/Export filing review process guidance
- Routed Export/Import Transactions
- Perform other trade management and compliance related duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 0 % travel per year.
What You'll Need:
- 5 years of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Customs and Export/Import regulations
- Strong knowledge and application of HTS, HS and Schedule B classification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes
What's In It For You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- Relocation assistance available
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)