Transportation Import/Export Specialist at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
You will work directly with the Transportation Import/Export Manager with internal organizations and external Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers to facilitate regional import/export processes and programs.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Monitor and report on the activities of carriers and brokers with regards to import/export processes and execution.
- Work with Transportation Import/Export Manager to review and update carrier and broker SOP’s as required on requirements specific to China 301 Tariff.
- Analyze carrier and broker reporting to identify deviations from SOP requirements on requirements specific to China 301 Tariff.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for implementing import duty preference programs.
- Coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews with Import Brokers.
- Work directly with Transportation Import/Export Manager to develop and implement process improvements to ensure compliance with import/export regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the development of training related to import/export processes.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations related to import/export activities specifically related to China 301 Tariff.
- Work exception reporting, resolving mis-matches in broker data to the ERP system.
- Support internal business units on setting up reconciliation and drawback programs across multiple ERP systems.
- Support Asset and Sales on Supplier and Customer Drawback.
What You'll Need:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Import/Export Compliance or Customs Brokerage/Freight Forwarding
- Experience working with small parcel, ocean, air freight, LTL shipments and carriers
- Experience working with Freight Forwarders
- Ability to retrieve, manipulate and present data
- Strong project management and multitasking skills with adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Strong MS Access, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience working with a TMS, WMS and other Supply Chain systems a plus
- Experience in import and export rules and regulations
What's In It For You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package (http://benefits.arrow.com)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)