Trade Compliance Project Manager at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
This position leads and manages complex, cross functional projects within the Trade Compliance Risk Management department. Projects may be global or regional in scope but follow a defined methodology to ensure that project objectives (i.e. compliance, efficiency, cost savings, etc.) are achieved.
- Lead complex cross functional projects; activities include creating project scope documents, project plans, project related process documents and issue trackers.
- Lead project calls, assign work and manage projects to timeline and outcomes.
- Identify risks to meeting project timelines and create mitigation strategies.
- Create project summary documentation (i.e. dashboard) to clearly communicate project status.
- Lead stakeholder management sessions and keep various management abreast of potential issues by maintaining open lines of communication.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Systems and Process Manager to create business requirements and participate in user acceptance testing for projects requiring system enhancements.
- Assist in training new and existing employees with regard to policies and procedures related to project outcomes.
- User engineering knowledge, skills and abilities to review part specification sheets, related product documentation, and the Export Administration Regulations to determine Export Classification Code Numbers (“ECCN”) and or local country export classifications for items sold.
- Supervise and monitor ECCN Classification process.
- Conduct regular classification training for Trade Compliance Engineers and Analysts.
- Communicate with Arrow vendors with regard to specific ECCN classification topics.
- Support business and system integrations with regards to ECCN classification review and testing.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Contributes to process improvements
- Provides informal guidance to junior staff
- Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
- 5–7 years of related experience
- Requires a four-year degree, with a major or minor in engineering preferred, from an accredited school.
- Requires at minimum four years’ experience in classification of US, EU, SG and HK ECCN.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience on electronic components and IT security hardware and software.
- Experience in providing support and technical guidance regarding export control regulations, ECCN, restricted party screening, licensing, license exceptions, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on electronic components and IT security hardware and software.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC) a plus
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Green Belt Certified preferred.
- PMP Certified preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time
- US Person (citizen, green card holder or granted asylum)
- Knowledge: Strong technical understanding of electronic components, trade compliance processes and project management methods.
- Driving results: solutions and results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills.
- Confident: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship with front-line and mid-level personnel.
- Strategic thinking: capable of providing clear and balanced support on a broad range of strategic and complex management, and product issues.
- Leading change: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Collaborating and influencing effectively builds strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company. Able to effectively navigate within a matrixed corporate structure.
Job is in Centennial, CO. and no option to work remotely
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)