Technology Business Consultant Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We support and process the core financial accounting systems for one of the nation’s largest banks. We engage with our client daily to understand their business and technology needs and find creative solutions to deliver premium and customized products and services tailored to meet both their and their customer’s needs.
What you will be doing
You will be collaborating with a team of talented Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts to support our client’s core banking platform in both production and development environments. You will develop and test creative solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Works individually or within a team on technology business projects to meet specific functional requirements and provide application support.
- Consults directly with end-users and serves as liaison between end-users and technical professionals.
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology or regulations related to application design and enhancement.
- Writes Functional Design Documents to define project scope, objectives and functional requirements from which applications may be written or modified.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure projects meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Significant experience with banking transaction processing; components of the Systematics suite and mainframe financial services applications. Experience in ACH, GL, Tax Reporting, or Account Analysis a plus.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Excellent customer service and client interaction skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise based on audience knowledge level.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Project Management methodologies and tools, such as Microsoft Project.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.