Technical Project Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:43 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens. However, we will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver.
Our team is looking for a Technical Project Manager. You’ll be a member of the Project Management team within the Engineering organization that is responsible for sizing, planning, monitoring, and delivering software solutions. In this role you will be responsible for a portfolio of software initiatives for our core insurance systems.
How You'll Do It
- Work closely with our Legal/Compliance, Underwriting, Analytics, and Engineering groups.
- Plan and monitor project execution using Agile methodologies.
- Lead sprint planning and facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
- Plan and coordinate training, communication, and deployment activities.
- Track project issues to resolution; manage risks and remediation plans.
- Provide status on all assigned initiatives at the Portfolio and Executive levels.
- Build quarterly plans with the PMO for the entire Engineering organization.
- Build team processes for automation.
- Enforce / refine PMO processes and engineering best practices.
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of five years of proven experience managing software projects and teams is preferred.
- A Project Management or Scrum Master certification or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is nice to have. More consideration will be given to your professional experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and orchestrate a high number of concurrent initiatives and project activities.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships. You value and live by integrity.
- Learning mentality: expect to be challenged and be willing to learn about the Workers Comp industry, new technologies, and evolving software platforms.
- Driven: You have to love what you do and thrive in a high-growth technology-focused organization.
- Adaptable. Expect a decent amount of change as we rapidly grow from a mature start-up to the next level.
- Experience in FinTech, InsurTech and/or the commercial insurance industry in general are a plus.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $100,000 - $130,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding