Technical Project Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
How'll You'll Do It
Our team is looking for a Technical Project Manager. You’ll be a member of the Project Management team within the Engineering organization that is responsible for sizing, planning, monitoring, and delivering software solutions. In this role you will be responsible for a portfolio of software initiatives for our core insurance systems, and:
- Work closely with our Legal/Compliance, Underwriting, Analytics, and Engineering groups.
- Plan and monitor project execution using Agile methodologies.
- Lead sprint planning and facilitate Scrum ceremonies..Plan and coordinate training, communication, and deployment activities.
- Track project issues to resolution; manage risks and remediation plans. Provide status on all assigned initiatives at the Portfolio and Executive levels.
- Build quarterly plans with the PMO for the entire Engineering organization.
- Build team processes for automation.
- Enforce / refine PMO processes and engineering best practices.
The Right Stuff
- Proven experience (>5 years preferred) managing software projects and teams.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented. Ability to multi-task and orchestrate a high number of concurrent initiatives and project activities.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships. You value and live by integrity.
- Learning mentality: Expect to be challenged and be willing to learn about the Workers Comp industry, new technologies, and evolving software platforms.
- Driven: You have to love what you do and thrive in a high-growth technology-focused organization.
- Adaptable. Expect a decent amount of change as we rapidly grow from mature start-up to the next level.
- Education. A Project Management or Scrum Master certification or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is nice. More consideration will be given to your professional experience.
- Nice-to-have’s: Experience in FinTech, Insurtech and/or the commercial insurance industry in general are a plus.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting Allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $103,000 - $130,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding