Technical Project Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
- You will be the main face of Uplight to our clients during active implementations and will be responsible for the overall project management of our programs.
- You will be the go-to resource for customers and internal stakeholders, providing insight on how our software works and what it can do.
- You will learn the software inside and out and will work with customers and developers to help grow our software in an environment with rapid deployments and constant innovation.
- You will own specific product(s) and partner with people from various business areas to drive an on-time, on-budget implementation.
- You will proactively communicate with customers via phone, email, telepathy, etc. to ensure effective and delightful user experiences.
- You will seamlessly transition the account to the identified account/ client success manager as needed after launch.
- You will ensure new features are completed as intended and free from significant bugs before being delivered to the client.
- You will test new development and generally own user acceptance of new features.
- You will get to travel up 20% of the time to customer locations to lead and support implementation projets.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- You will become a trusted advisor for our utility partners and manage the execution of the product launches including planning, project management, and client engagement focusing on an on-time launch and a satisfied customer.
- You will act as an internal point of contact for launches managing epic and ticket creation, tracking to deliverables, and tracking to promised timelines. You will leverage your deep understanding of customer needs to inform Uplight’s Product Management and Engineering organizations to build better products.
- You will create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for launches, such as checklists, epics, onboarding documentation, and other templates to be more efficient in future launches.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related discipline or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with experience in technical project management or enterprise software support preferred.
- 3-5 years technical project management or enterprise software support.
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity and fortitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in delivering complex, constructive and diplomatic messages
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies is a plus.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency and your potential.
- Prior experience in Software Sales, SaaS Operations, Technical Support or Customer Success Management are all valuable.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.