Technical Project Manager at SpotX
SpotX, an RTL Group company, is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
SpotX is seeking a talented, versatile and humble Technical Project Manager who can be an immediate contributor brilliantly to our team. This position is located in Broomfield, CO. You’ll be working in a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers.
This person will be a pragmatic technical project leader, with past success being a hands-on leader working with a variety of teams and managing projects through to release. Successful candidates should be prepared to work in an organization that produces more than 200 releases per year.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in well qualified candidates who are genuine human beings and are pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work, but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Manage timing, scope, and costs on multiple cross-functional technology projects of varying complexity at the same time
- Lead the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects
- Work with Business Analysts, security, developers, and other technical personnel to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Streamlines project management and IT processes
- Manage project issues to resolution, production quality, change management, and meet committed timelines
- Acquire, translate, and document business requirements from various business and technical teams into concise project scope and requirements
- Clearly communicate project goals, status, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and business stakeholders
- Works with project team(s) to plan and schedule project deliverables, documentation, goals, and milestones for complex programs and/or multiple projects
- Establish effective working relationships with business groups to understand desired business outcomes and direction
- Is familiar with LiquidPlanner, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and other project management and software development tools that will help you track actions and issues so that you can drive them to closure
- Help teams get code into production!
- Be able to hold people accountable to process, and work at all levels of the organization
- Foster an environment of consistency - sizing, tracking, estimations and metrics
- Provides metrics and status to management - ability to serve as POC for multiple releases at once
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience, specifically working with Information Technology, Systems Operations and Software Development teams
- Making teams work and feel like awesome teams
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate on project status
Bonus SpotX talents:
- ITIL Certification
- Agile/Scrum knowledge
- Managing a large group of projects and teams simultaneously
- Direct experience working with security, software engineering teams and product management
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment – flip flops OK
- Benefits such as medical, dental and 401k