Technical Project Manager
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a talented technical Project Manager to work with Marketo’s engineering team focused on our Google Cloud project.
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product owners to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects.
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Perform hands-on project management, including:
- Manage and maintain project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
- Facilitate regular scrum of scrum sessions and project reviews. Participate in individual scrum planning meetings as needed.
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met.
- Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics across Engineering. Help with engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking
- Drive information sharing, and capturing and disseminating of best practices across Engineering.
- Partner with US-based project managers to share process and information
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in software development organization, with at least 3 years in direct technical project management. Experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way. Demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them. Certified Scrum Master a plus.
- Expertise on JIRA, Confluence wiki a plus
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions.
- Experience as a software developer a plus.
- Extremely well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in the areas of teamwork and influencing skills and ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
- Ability to manage and multi-task across multiple projects and teams.
- Experience working with remote teams
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.