Technical Project Manager (Agile/Scrum)
The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good! We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
The Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master will be responsible for providing technical
project planning, management, risk tracking, oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring that these initiatives and projects meet expectations and are completed with an extremely high quality. If you love working with agile teams and have a strong passion for working across different platforms, continuous improvement, mentoring others, and know how to motivate people while mitigating risks for projects, then you are likely a good fit for this role.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burn down tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Works collaboratively with business, product and technical teams to support development and software delivery.
- Assists the Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Ensures development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Understands delivery impediments, issues, risks, and changes associated with the product development initiatives; works with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; updates the appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Partners with Product and Technical leadership to assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
- Manages and tracks team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports.
- Build relationships seek out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Technical Project Manager experience combined with responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools.
- Expertise with Agile technology practices (e.g., Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration).
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle(SDLC) best practices
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- A demonstrated ability in strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Relocation assistance provided
- 7+ years of professional related experience
- Bachelor Degree, or a related field or related experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.