Technical Programs Manager at FloWater
Title: Technical Programs Manager
Reporting to: VP of Operations
Location: Denver, CO/ San Francisco, CA
About Us: We started with a simple philosophy and a big idea: offer everyone a better and healthier alternative to tap water and confront the plastic water bottle epidemic head on by putting an end to single use plastic water bottles. Five years later, we’ve saved over 100 million single use plastic water bottles with FloWater Refill Stations and are on track to save one billion bottles by the year 2022. We offer a market-proven solution with a great-tasting water beverage that is 7x purified with a coconut carbon filter + increased alkalinity + oxygenation + electrolytes, chilled to a refreshing 42 degrees and dispensed into any refillable container. The result is a superior tasting and premium performance water that is far better than anything you can buy in a bottle—with zero waste. Loved by some of the world’s best companies and biggest brands, along with a recent growth investment of $15 million from a world-leading institutional investor, we’re quickly in our next phase of bringing FloWater to the rest of the U.S. and ultimately the world.
Check out what the press is saying about us via the link below and if you’re intrigued read more below about why this technical programs manager is such a vital element to our team. If you think you’d be an amazing fit, apply and let us know why.
Mission & Outcomes: To provide strong Concept to Commercialization leadership and organization to the products/projects that will define and express our brand in the coming years. To keep Leadership and other stakeholders informed of progress, or lack thereof, and to coordinate between the vendors and various design firms holding everyone accountable for deliverables and timeline.
Great Candidates: Will have at least 3 years Program Management and 5 years or more in Engineering. Must have strong leadership qualities with proven track record of innovation and expertise driving hardware or consumer product initiatives. Candidate must have tactical TPM experience in addition to expertise managing timelines, deliverables, budgets, design, etc. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to easily navigate between both highly technical and business driven discussions. The key areas of responsibility will include the following
Responsibilities and Role:
- Partner, support and collaborate with Business teams to assess business needs, define project scope and requirements, manage expectations, facilitate communication, provide project updates, and resolve obstacles and issues that arise in the project’s lifecycle
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and work with outside vendors, design partners, and technical teams to assess design, implementation method and solution feasibility.
- Ensure and accountable for on-time execution and excellence of projects
- Make sure project meets deadlines and is completed within budget.
- Proactively assess and mitigate overall project risk through conflict and issue resolution with the project team and stakeholders.
- Drive and execute multiple projects on time including every part of the project lifecycle from kickoff, design, development, testing, deployment, and production support maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership to cross functional teams.
- Drive new products and features through the development process.
- Gather and create product requirements and specifications.
- Employ verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Create project plans to track and communicate status and deliverables.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- 6-9 years collective experience as mechanical, or, electrical engineer and project manager of consumer product development program and/or product design programs.
- Solid experience with hardware projects and have taken product from concept to market
- PMP Certification a plus
- Thorough understanding of product development process and technical understanding of product testing stages.
- Broad knowledge of the Product Development, Processes and its supporting quality systems.
- Strong time-management, facilitation, mentoring, and communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to interface with vendors, distributors and others on a professional level.
- Motivation and desire to share your knowledge with the broader industry community.
- Some travel required
Compensation:This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, F.S.A, 401k), Stock Options, and Paid Time Off.