Technical Program Manager at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is looking for a responsible Technical Program Manager within the Development Program Management Office to develop and maintain a technical project plan, which outlines a project or program's tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources to stakeholders.
Technical Program Manager responsibilities include creating, implementing, and maintaining technical project and program plans; including designating resources, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed the entire way. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you'll collaborate with leadership and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Technical Program Manager's duties are to ensure that all projects and programs are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Determine, prioritize and define project/program technical scope, objectives, and resources with stakeholders
· Develop and manage a detailed project/program schedule and work plan
· Continuously monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
· Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of projects.
· Act as the point of contact and communicate status to all team members and stakeholders
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports to identify areas of improvement
· Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project and program execution
· 5+ years of technical project/program management, specifically in a technology-oriented organization.
· Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
· Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Strong ability to keep a group on-track by setting clear goals and expected outcomes
· Self-Motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
· Insurance industry knowledge is a plus
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.