Technical Program Manager at Outrider
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 20, 2020
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
As a Technical Program Manager at Outrider, you will work with the engineering leaders across systems, software, and hardware to create both long-term road maps and near-term tactical schedules. You will organize the efforts of the development teams to align with the goals of the company and regularly report on the progress of those efforts across the company. You will need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities and shift the focus of individuals to meet the changing expectations of the company.
In the Technical Program Manager role, you will need the ability to recognize inefficiencies and to create processes to address them. You will need to be able to listen carefully and learn from engineers of many disciplines what their issues are and calculate how you can best serve them. Being self-directed and have a strong work ethic will be critical in this role.
This opportunity offers a talented technology executive the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively identify and remove engineering roadblocks by working nimbly across teams
- Ensure every team and engineer understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Organize and run meeting agendas
- Consistently document decisions and communicate them to impacted teams
- Create templates, workflows, and process that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team
- Quickly identify schedule risks and communicate possible solutions
- Constantly triage and prioritize the work requested of you and the teams you support
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to executives
- Commit to travel and field visits, depending on customer locations (up to 25%)
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or equivalent professional exposure
- 5 years of work in engineering program management in hardware and software
- Expertise with tools used for issue tracking, documentation, and resource scheduling
- Experience working in automotive, robotics, or manufacturing industries a plus