Technical Program Manager
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Out of that idea, we created Wdesk. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
The Technical Program Manager will plan, manage, and execute a variety of projects across IT and the lines of business that IT supports. Projects may span teams, departments, or the entire company. This person works with engineering and business stakeholders to identify the business goals, plan the initiative, scope the projects, develop resources, and communicate progress.
- Stitch together a multitude of project components into a cohesive whole, aligned with business priorities, balanced across project constraints, managed to meet project objectives.
- Identify and create development and training opportunities to support employee and project success.
- Serves as coach and advisor to matrix team members to facilitate discussion and resolve conflict.
- Facilitate and manage project processes and understand the methodology, serving as a subject matter expert on agile and project management.
- Stay current on industry trends and developments.
- Identify and balance major project constraints including cost, scope, schedule, risk, quality, resources, and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of IT service management and cloud computing concepts.
- The ability to work effectively with multiple teams in various locations.
- Understands, practices, and promotes agile principles.
- 5+ years experience planning and managing complex technical projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a cloud environment.
- Experience using a variety of project approaches including PRINCE2®, PMP®, and agile.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Project management certification, e.g. PMP, agile preferred.
- Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- 10% to 20% travel is required to meet with employees, vendors and/or suppliers.