Technical Program Manager (Project Manager) at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is looking for a responsible Technical Program Manager within the Development Program Management Office to develop and maintain a technical project plan, which outlines a project or program's tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources to stakeholders.
Technical Program Manager responsibilities include creating, implementing, and maintaining technical project and program plans; including designating resources, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed the entire way. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you'll collaborate with leadership and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Technical Program Manager's duties are to ensure that all projects and programs are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Determine, prioritize and define project/program technical scope, objectives, and resources with stakeholders
· Develop and manage a detailed project/program schedule and work plan
· Continuously monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
· Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of projects.
· Act as the point of contact and communicate status to all team members and stakeholders
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports to identify areas of improvement
· Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project and program execution
· 5+ years of technical project/program management, specifically in a technology-oriented organization.
· Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
· Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Strong ability to keep a group on-track by setting clear goals and expected outcomes
· Self-Motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
· Insurance industry knowledge is a plus
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.