Technical Program Manager, Fraud at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Fraud to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Technical Program Manager, Fraud will help combat fraudulent activity by driving cross-functional efforts of engineering, analytics, product, and operations teams. By owning the planning, execution, and monitoring of Ibotta's fraud program, the Technical Program Manager will help protect savers, clients and Ibotta from the ever-changing fraud risks.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with leadership to define fraud program objectives and key results (OKRs) and operational tolerances
- Drive cross functional initiatives aimed at limiting fraud risk for our savers, clients and Ibotta
- Own roadmaps for fraud initiatives across fraud teams in analytics, engineering and operations to achieve company OKRs for fraud prevention
- Consult on fraud risk mitigation for new cross-functional initiatives and provide recommendations and action plans for mitigating risk
- Build positive productive relationships with cross-functional and global stakeholders and partners
- Manage day-to-day vendor relationships and explore areas of opportunity with them
- Demonstrate clear written and oral communication and grace under pressure in all communications
- Be an unwavering advocate for preventing fraudulent activity on Ibotta’s products
- Stay informed of the broader Ibotta product roadmap; understand and communicate potential fraud risks
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in fraud or risk management strategy preferably in fintech or ecommerce
- Self-motivated individual with strong sense of leadership, ownership, and drive
- Experience partnering with a cross-functional group of engineers, operations, product, and leadership teams to achieve a common goal
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to manipulate data, conduct analysis, and draw meaningful insights to guide decision making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
- Ability to dive deep into technical concepts with successful past delivery of technical user-facing products
- Ability to manage multiple parallel projects and work autonomously
- The ability to make trade-off decisions based on large amounts of data
- Familiarity with agile development and project tracking tools
- Proficiency with Excel or other data analysis tools required
- SQL experience and a BA/BS in CS/Engineering or Economics/Physics/Math is a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $80,000-$110,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.