Technical Program Manager, Data at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Data Team at Zoom brings data closer to the decision. To achieve this, we need to ensure that we're meeting the consent, privacy, and regulatory needs of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. We know that Customer Happiness depends on the privacy and security of our users' data, which is why when we use data to help us build a better product, we need to build best-in-class data tools and systems that are sensitive to evolving needs.
As the Data Team's Technical Program Manager you will work closely with the Head of Data and provide cross-functional delivery leadership for building out data capabilities, which enable the collection and surfacing of product usage data to the internal product and engineering teams worldwide. You will also partner with Senior Leadership to help create a strong Program Management discipline at Zoom. You will shape and execute plans to increase team cohesion, create stronger alignment between strategy and execution, and improve delivery excellence across all product and engineering delivery teams. The Technical Program Manager is an effective and inspiring leader, acting as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, by being actively involved in key initiatives and programs, developing a broad business and deep technical knowledge of all programs.
- Operate as Chief of Staff for the Head of Data to simplify complexity, think strategically, and manage priorities
- Institute and lead cross-functional program teams that effectively define and manage data deliverables and timelines, facilitate decision making, and outline risk mitigation strategies
- Manage strategic change from idea to execution
- Drive planning and execution of cross-functional data initiatives and programs
- Shape the strategy, goals and plans for high priority cross-functional programs in close collaboration with key stakeholders; establish alignment at all levels of the organization and across programs to optimize execution
- Ensure comprehensive, high-quality, and proactive communications within teams and with key stakeholders in order to achieve clarity of goals, progress and issues.
- Assess alignment of goals, timelines and resource plans across key programs; propose options to reconcile any gaps or conflicts, and facilitate solutions
- Develop the Program Management function, agile/scrum processes, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with Senior leaders and coworkers
- Develop and implement systems for tracking and reporting on the progress
- Manage the Data budget in partnership with finance
- Manage, coach, and mentor others
- Bachelor's Degree, plus 7+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years' experience delivering and advising on the deployment of large-scale digital or technical solutions
- Experience with large scale digital transformational initiatives, agile/scrum process improvements or shared services capabilities
- Consistent track record of success driving complex cross-functional programs from inception to delivery in a software development space
- Strong analytical knowledge and understanding
- Able to communicate complex and controversial topics and concepts to a broad and diverse audience
- Able to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in establishing priorities and proposing new paths to achieving desired outcomes
- Proven communicator with the ability to generate a vision, develop action plans and execute to drive value
- Enthusiastic, full of positive energy and able to maintain grace, a sense of humor, and perspective under pressure
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .