Technical Product Manager, Data Connectors and in-DB
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Technical Product Manager to help drive the tactical execution efforts for the Alteryx Data Connectors and In-Database Initiatives. Data Connectors are focused on providing a seamless and simple connection experience for the wide array of Alteryx-supported databases and is closely linked with leveraging the performance and scaling of in-database analytics. This role, as part of the Product Management organization, will focus on translating the business value of product initiatives into functional features and will work day-to-day with the Data Connectors & In-DB development teams to deliver business value, as well as guiding others on how development initiatives fit into the holistic product vision.
* Work with development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept phase through life cycle of products.
* Understand and help to communicate the business value of product initiatives; collaborate with Product Managers to kick off initiatives with development teams and facilitate the process to break those initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements.
* Collaborate with development team leaders to drive the planning process.
* Ensure development efforts will meet the business requirements and timelines of the project, with a focus on quality and timely delivery of scheduled features; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
* Participate in development team ceremonies including stand ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
* Responsible for feature and user story acceptance on one or more development teams, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
* Primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e. development, QA, UX, technical writing and all supporting teams) regarding the value of development initiatives and relationship to product vision.
* Collaborates with Product Managers to understand Data Connectors & In-DB Tool goals and help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals.
* Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Product Development Team.
* Help to identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams.
* Collaborate with Product Managers to review and respond to feedback via the Alteryx Beta Program.
* Collaborate with QA and Customer Support teams to prioritize resolution of customer issues related to Data Connectors and In-Database functionality.
* Approves QA test plans for customer-facing requirements.
* Manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting and maintaining reasonable timelines.
* Monitors and manages successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; works to identify risks and remove impediments; discovers opportunities for improvement and keeps senior management and others informed.
* 3+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry.
* Demonstrated success defining and launching exciting software products.
* Experience with multiple database technologies, including In-DB.
* SQL and experience with UDF’s.
* Domain expertise in Alteryx Designer is a big plus.
* Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Project management skills; problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information.
* Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams.