What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model.
What you'll do:
As a results-oriented Technical Manager, you are responsible for coaching one or more scrum teams in order to successfully deliver a variety of projects for our end customers.
- Serve as line manager, mentor, and coach for all Technology members of the scrum Development team.
- Drive continual improvements in the delivery process, overall product quality, and innovation.
- Oversee team staffing, ensuring that the correct skill sets and personalities are represented in order to maximize team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate team value to the business through both the definition and measurement of quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and technical team members to ensure projects are well planned and team is positioned for success.
How you'll do it:
- Attract and Develop Agile Talent
- Align Teams to Business Outcomes
- Measure team Health, Maturity, Performance
- Provide active coaching to advance individual towards their career goals
- Facilitate Professional Development
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant professional experience or a Bachelors degree in IT
- Demonstrated success managing an Agile Development Team
- Ability to build strong bonds with employees to foster open, honest and candid communication
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.