Technical Consultant - BPM at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :50%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Ambit Optimist is a comprehensive credit risk management solution, delivering benefits for both credit and risk officers, as well as for front line relationship managers. Ambit Optimist provides commercial bankers with vital financial analysis, business modeling capabilities, and communication tools to build, manage, and sustain a profitable commercial loan portfolio. As a member of the Professional Services team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) product CLO is a loan origination tool that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle. The Technical Consultant will work with customers to translate business requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system must do to fulfill the business requirements. After specifications are complete, the Technical Consultant is responsible for configuration of the solution and supporting client testing activities.
What you will be doing
- Analyze business and user needs and translate into proper system requirement and design specifications.
- Complete system configuration per specifications.
- Assist and guide the customer in writing test plans and test cases to ensure testing aligns with the requirements presented.
- Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that the configuration is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
- Triage and resolve configuration issues.
- Deliver standardized software training to clients.
- Provide consulting and support to clients as they configure the product.
- Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
- Achieve utilization targets.
Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the “how will they be implemented” into their evaluation
Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
- Industry experience in accounting, finance, or banking preferred.
- Deep understanding of case life cycle management, business process management (BPM) and form design including java, HTML, CCS, XML, JSON and Angular
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
What we offer you
Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
Attractive benefits including private medical coverage, dental coverage, and travel insurance
A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.