SVP, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 814 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
SVP, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Our environmental stewardship, social responsibility and governance (ESG) program is a competitive differentiation that helps us to better serve our customers and deliver value to our business. Our future-focused approach and long-standing commitment to ESG not only enables us to be resilient in a dynamic world, but also demonstrates leadership across the global business community. This year, we were proud to be named the top-ranked U.S. company and sixth overall on the 2019 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list published by Corporate Knights and announced at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Evolve global ESG strategy to support company business priorities, set goals accordingly and drive results. Such strategy and goals should prioritize business value creation and return on investment of ESG, while creating positive environmental, social and governance impacts.
- Develop and push ESG thought leadership to create business value for the company.
- Communicate effectively with the board, C-suite, business leaders, employees across all functions, customers, investors, government representatives and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to utilize ESG to advance their objectives and meet their needs.
- Create and implement an internal and external ESG communications plan. Responsible for strategic, compelling and targeted ESG communications materials aligned with company business strategy.
- Manage projects with interdisciplinary teams across the globe to achieve ESG objectives, such as achievement of science-based targets. Cultivate a network of champions of ESG strategy and goals and internal and external buy-in of ESG strategy and initiatives.
- Develop team talent as ESG leaders and efficiently manage ESG team resources
- Keep ahead of global ESG regulatory and industry landscape to determine paths forward that make sense for the company
- Produce annual ESG impact report and other ESG ranking/survey/investor due diligence reporting. Ensure that reporting, collection and management of ESG data are accurate, timely and efficient.
- Quality control to ensure excellence and rigor of ESG communications and work product
- Represent Prologis as a spokesperson to advance ESG leadership globally and participate in investor, government, regulatory, industry and other outreach
- Critical and strategic thinking focused on business value creation of Prologis ESG and return on investment with measurable, objective results
- Innovative thought leadership with the ability to get ahead of a quickly evolving industry and push our ESG leadership position
- Nimble with financial analyses and numerical data with a focus on concrete and quantitative back-up for positions taken
- Expertise in written and verbal communications. Strong presentation skills.
- Strong project, budget and time management skills to drive aggressive and ambitious plans to completion.
- Experienced and motivated to build team talent with cross-functional and cross-regional team management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of technical aspects of sustainability (e.g. Science-based targets, carbon equivalents, energy, water and waste impacts, supply chain, etc.), current global ESG trends, ESG regulatory environment on a global and regional basis and existing agreements/frameworks
- Strong reputation among, and connections and relationships with, ESG networks/organizations
- Familiarity with ESG reporting frameworks
- Team player with strong work ethic, good sense of humor and relentless desire to take a premier ESG program to the next level. Strong customer service skills. Acts with urgency, agility, humility and willingness to “roll up sleeves” to drive projects to completion. Inspires and builds trust among team and internal and external stakeholders.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience in finance or business administration with deep quantitative analytical experience
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience in ESG/sustainability with ability to demonstrate strong subject matter expertise
- MBA a strong plus
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.