Strategy, Operations and Project Associate at IHS Markit Digital
About the Job
The Strategy & Operations Analyst will work within IT Business Operations and partner with the leadership teams of the IT, Information Security, and Legal, Risk and Compliance organizations at IHS Markit. This role will assist in progressing strategic programs, using data and analytics to support decision-making, and will build reports and presentations for the IT, LRC, and Executive leadership teams. This role will report to the Executive Director of IT Business Operations and Planning, working closely with the Chief Administrative officer and General Council.
This is a great opportunity to interact with and learn from leaders across the business while participating in strategic initiatives. Are you a quick study who likes building relationships with all levels, diving into data, taking on new challenges, and doing something different each day? This may be the role for you.
A successful candidate in this roll will be a self-starter and team player, be intellectually curious, and have strong analytical skills – both technically with data and qualitatively drawing actionable insights and conclusions from their work. They will be able to clearly communicate research, program updates, and other insights to various cross-functional audiences including management. They will have high personal integrity and accountability, be a fast learner, work well with ambiguity, and be able to separate signal from noise to build an accurate narrative.
- Support strategy formulation and execution, special strategic projects and business development activities.
- Provide actionable insights based on data gathered from a wide variety of internal and external sources.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including business management, operations, human resources, finance, and accounting, among others, to drive process improvement and progress on strategic programs.
- Manage critical KPIs and work with the business intelligence team to assist in building dashboards to help drive operational rigor and performance, guiding decision making with analytics.
- Aggregate & analyze data from different sources, manage reporting, mine insights for the team, and drive improvements in business and marketing initiatives.
- Develop presentations and reporting for Board of Directors meetings, industry events, internal strategic meetings, and financial performance reviews.
- Collaborate closely with Finance on annual budgeting and monthly forecasting and performance.
- Bachelor Degree; Business, Communications, and/or Finance preferred
- 5 years of prior experience in a strategic and/or analytical role within a consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm, and/or financial or technology company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; particularly Excel, Powerpoint, and PowerBI (or similar BI tools); modeling and building analysis from large data sets; Salesforce is a plus
- Curiosity to analyze data and develop meaningful commentary explaining trends in our business
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and influence internal stakeholders
- Effective at working with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external), self-directed, proactive, strong business sense, and accountable to meeting deadlines
- Unmatched attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple workstreams without sacrificing quality
- Experience working with a global team