Strategy Manager - Innovation
About the centralized innovation & incubation team at FIS
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team.
The innovation & incubation team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS. Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. The products delivered by the innovation & incubation team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
The Strategy team is responsible for prioritizing the pipeline of innovation concepts, assessing the opportunity presented by each prioritized concept and, ultimately, creating the business case to support a concept advancing towards incubation. The Strategy Manager will play a leading role throughout each of these phases and act as the point person for driving the direction of the innovation & incubation team as it relates to FIS corporate strategy. You will be responsible for maintaining deep knowledge and understanding of corporate imperatives and key business trends, conducting robust market research to establish commercial rationale for a concept’s progression, and guiding the development of robust financial models and data packs for each concept under review.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-impact role. It requires a self-starter who can approach complex and abstract hypotheses with rigor, swiftly analyze large datasets and distill them into key insights, and drive to “the answer” with conviction. The Strategy Manager will report directly to Head of Strategy & Research and will collaborate closely with the innovation & incubation’s Research and Finance teams as well as FIS stakeholders in order to achieve outcomes.
About the role (Your key responsibilities):
- Establish and maintain awareness of FIS's strategy and corporate initiatives to contextualize and prioritize emergent opportunities within the innovation & incubation team
- Conduct robust market research to generate data/key perspectives around market size and growth, value chain dynamics, competitive landscape, customer and stakeholder dynamics, market trends, and potential disruptive factors for each relevant sector
- Lead opportunity sizing and business case development for concepts that have been prototyped and market-tested to inform whether investment and incubation is warranted
- Work closely with Finance to build data-driven financial models that will substantiate concepts' revenue, cost and ROI estimates
- Create data packs with input from Finance and Research for each concept to accompany financial models and substantiate go/no-go decisions
Must Haves (Requirements for this Role):
- 2-4 years of experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Proven track record of successfully driving projects from end-to-end
- Exceptional data analysis and problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to apply structure to abstract theories and disparate data sources, extract pertinent information, and surface key takeaways
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and execute on high stakes deliverables with minimal oversight
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills and experience gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Extensive experience executing secondary market research by leveraging 3rd party market studies, public/government data, financial data platforms, news media, etc.
- Collaborative, high energy and self-starter attitude
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Nice to Haves (Not Hard Requirements, but a Bonus!):
- Experience consulting or working in the Tech space, or Fintech space, specifically
What we offer you:
- A high-visibility and high-impact role
- Opportunity to closely collaborate with a cross-functional team aligned to a common goal
- Opportunity to have direct line-of-sight into corporate strategy of Fintech market leader
- Opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge of and perspectives on numerous topics within the fintech space
- A driven, creative and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinarily passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- The opportunity to inform the direction of FIS by validating concepts that aim to solve some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect