Strategy and Commercialization Manager (Remote) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Enterprise Go-to-Market team helps drive new revenue for FIS. We work across FIS’s global Merchant Solutions business (also referred to as Worldpay), who provide payment solutions to the world’s largest international companies. The team manages the go-to-market activities for FIS’s newest and most strategic payment products. We help set the strategic direction of the product, create engaging sales and training assets, build and manage the customer pipeline, and forecast and track product revenue. We work closely with our Sales, Product and Marketing teams to ensure successful product rollouts and customer adoption at scale. We are a global team, supporting all regions.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will own and manage the Commercialization of a small number of payment products, with a particular focus on the US market. You will work closely with our commercial teams across the US, providing product expertise and working with them to drive new cross sell opportunities within their portfolio. You will work directly with our US-based Global eCommerce customers, helping to uncover their needs and suggesting solutions, all while deepening their relationships with FIS.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Work flexibly across 3-4 go-to-market projects, ensuring the smooth execution of high-profile, high-impact product launches to our Enterprise merchants
- Quickly grasp the technical features of products and communicate these to both internal and external audiences in an easy to understand way
- Provide project management support for Go-to-Market launches, managing a complex, cross-functional group of stakeholders to ensure all work streams deliver on time and to a high standard
- Capture and understand customers’ specific product needs, and translate them into product requirements to shape the roll-out of new initiatives
- Regularly update internal stakeholders (Executives and Senior Leaders) on the commercial progress and delivery schedule of products
- Support engagement with and education of FIS customers about these products, working alongside senior Commercial leads to spark interest, secure new customer wins and generate revenue
- Support pipeline creation and revenue modelling for the products you are supporting, to identify which opportunities will generate the greatest return for FIS and should thus be prioritised
- Provide input into FIS’s marketing function, to support them in creating exciting and engaging marketing campaigns for strategic product launches
What you bring:
- 2-3 years’ experience in strategy, consulting, product commercialization or a related field
- Commercially focused, with a desire to drive great outcomes for the business
- Confidence and experience in engaging with and resenting to senior stakeholders
- Proactive and strategic thinker, able to look ahead to foresee issues and plan around them
- Excellent organisation skills, able to coordinate across multiple projects and stay on top of details
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear, proactive communicator (both written and verbal), able to listen and work well with others while being confident and assertive where required
- Quick ability to learn new and potentially technical topics, and then communicate this technical detail in a clear and simple way to a range of audiences
- Clearly demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong networks, both internally & externally
- A degree from a good university
Added bonus if you have:
- Technical expertise in payments products
- Experience of customer delivery (sales, presentation to customers etc.)
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.